Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday Thoughts: Photography

Working on finding space and lighting for our photographs can be hard. Mom's not all that dedicated to the art of photography, and I'm still rather new. Plus, I live in Manhattan, which means getting decent light, especially in my tiny apartment, can be tricky at best.

Happily a lot of what we have is jewellery and therefore rather small. The macro setting on my Canon point-and-shoot tends to work pretty well. I'm still working on having the right amount (or any amount) of natural light, limiting the shadows (or using them to what I consider my advantage). But I continue to have trouble keeping myself and my camera out of the reflection when there's a shine to the item being photographed.

I gather there quite a few folks on Etsy who are having similar questions since a lot of posts, articles, and so forth seem to be about photography. Would love to get our sweater guards listed, but have to find room (and lighting) for photos with the guards, sweater, and wall in the photograph...without losing the guards in the photograph...or having household clutter in the picture.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment