Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Finds - Mother of Pearl (MOP)

I'm hoping to start a fun Friday series called Friday Finds. It'll be something along the lines of an Etsy Treasury, but smaller scale and always done by me.

This inaugural edition was completely serendipitous. I had just joined the Vintage Jewelry Sellers on Etsy Team, and was visiting the store of a fellow team, Vintage Treasures 4 U, when I saw this Vintage Swordfish, Mother of Pearl pin (below).

I wrote to her immediately. Those same discs, or at least very similar discs, appear in my four-leaf clover pins!

Thinking I was lucky to have discovered a similar piece to mine, I was ready to call it a day and be content. Bless Judi at Vintage Treasures 4 U, she wasn't! She soon sent me a link to our team leader's store Cranberry Manor to show me an exquisite Lisner necklace with the same MOP discs! Love it!
And that, boys and girls, is how today's Friday's Finds came to feature MOP. These precious items have a sophisticated glamour to them that is almost wholly attributed to the precious MOP discs incorporated in their designs. I'm off to see what other MOP stuff there is! What are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment