Thursday, August 13, 2009

Julie & Julia

A long standing friend of mine is a movie critic, which means lots of free movies while their in previews. This is an absolute treat since I wouldn't see half these movies otherwise. A few weeks ago, I asked said friend if he would take me to see Julie & Julia ... I was super happy when he agreed!

The preview was great. We met on the Upper West Side after work, headed into the crowded theatre, got a massive bag of popcorn, and sat back to enjoy the movie. Meryl Streep did not disappoint. I suppose that goes without saying. Amy Adams was cute. She wasn't a knock-out, but she wasn't playing an icon, either.

All-in-all, it's a great movie for foodies. (Oops, I almost called it a film, and it is clearly a movie!) If you love to cook, watch the Food Network, or simply consider yourself a foodie...see this movie. If you do not love to cook (or any of the other variables previously listed)...skip it.

Personally, I love to cook. I wish I had room in my tiny East Village apartment for entertaining so I could have dinner parties. My mom says this will happen. She's so certain, my Christmas present was a cherry drop-leaf table with additional inserts. It seats 12. Well, if it had chairs it would seat 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment